CRLA MENTOR CERTIFICATION….Consider the POSSIBILITIES!
CRLA Mentor Certification offers numerous benefits for individual mentors, coordinators, and programs. The following is a partial list of the opportunities/benefits that are possible with CRLA Mentor Certification:
- Develop a super mentoring program from scratch by utilizing certification guidelines.
- Utilize allotted time for development of an individual certification plan to carefully rethink your whole existing mentoring program, an opportunity for a fresh perspective.
- Using CRLA guidelines, organize separate training sessions into a coherent curriculum and possibly a credit course.
- Create a spirit of teamwork in your department by involving colleagues in mentor training curriculum design, actual mentor training, and mentor evaluation.
- Generate interest in the community about your program by giving a press release to local and campus newspapers about your CRLA Certified Program. Include CRLA CERTIFIED MENTORS on all of your program advertisements.
- Secure greater student and faculty confidence and respect for your staff and program.
- Attract attention and interest among other services on campus. May stimulate interaction for the betterment of both programs such as working together on training.
- Attract highly motivated mentors with CRLA Certification credentials and extensive training.
- Tie wage rates to CRLA Certification levels in order to provide incentive for additional training and experience. This also helps with retention of mentors.
- Involve upper level mentors in developing and/or conducting segments of lower level mentor training. This creates excitement and motivation for ALL mentors and staff.
- Honor certified mentors by hosting a ceremony/party in their honor. Invite all mentors, tutors, selected faculty and staff.
- Emphasize the transferability of CRLA Mentor Certification to other certifying colleges and universities.