Assisting with the International Tutor Training Program Certification (ITTPC) and International Mentor Training Program Certification (IMTPC) programs is a great way to learn more about peer mentoring and peer tutoring, network with colleagues, and further engage with the CRLA organization! The Certifications Assistant works collaboratively with the Certifications Director and IMTPC and ITTPC Coordinators to communicate with programs who are currently certified, seeking certification, or who have lapsed certificaiton.
The Certifications Assistant reports to the Certifications Director and works collaboratively with CRLA’s association manager. The Certification Assistant is primarily responsible for communicating with prospective certified programs, currently certified programs, programs with lapsed certifications, the Coordinators and Associate/Assistant Coordinators, and the reviewers.
- Must be a CRLA member and must maintain membership throughout employment.
- Must be or have been directly involved with a certified program.
- Must be a former or current reviewer in good standing.
- Must have the following technological skills:
- A basic understanding of mail server design and use.
- A basic understanding of spreadsheet.
- Must have regular and consistent access to a computer with Microsoft Office.
- Must have regular and consistent access to a telephone and must be able to make calls outside of the local calling area.
- Responds via email and/or telephone to application-related questions (status, technical, troubleshooting, etc.), certification inquiries, requests for ID numbers, and requests for program and individual certificates.
- Create cover sheets for applications and upload them to the wiki.
- Sends certificates and approval letters for CRLA certifications.
- Follows up via email and/or telephone on payments and incomplete applications.
- Communicates with certifications reviewers regarding review assignments
- Provides regular reports to the Certifications Director
Terms of Employment
The Certifications Assistant will earn $20 per hour for an average of 20 hours per week. This is a one year, renewable position based on performance and association need.
(Approved July 2017)