Are your strengths in recruitment and retention? Do you want to encourage community and connection while promoting CRLA membership? Looking for a way to be more involved in CRLA?
We seek a Membership Committee Chairperson for a three-year term beginning in November 2019. This position reports directly to the President and is an exciting way to get involved in CRLA leadership by helping to grow our organization.
MEMBERSHIP COMMITTEE CHAIR
The Membership Committee is charged with researching and implementing initiatives to improve and increase the recruitment, retention, and reclamation of members. The chair of the committee, the Membership Chair, is appointed by the President and reports directly to the President. The term of office is three years and may be renewed.
Along with a Membership Chair, this committee consists of the CRLA Executive Director, and three to five committee members, one of which is a CRLA Board liaison.
The Membership Chair must have been a member of CRLA for three years and must maintain current membership in CRLA throughout term of office.
- Committee Membership
- The committee shall consist of three to five CRLA members plus the Executive Director
- Personnel for the committee shall be selected by the Chair.
- Committee membership shall continue at the discretion of the Chair with consideration for continuity.
- Committee members must maintain current membership in CRLA throughout term of service.
- Meetings shall be held on call at the discretion of the Chair,
- No reimbursement for meeting expenses or other duties will be made to any committee member without prior approval of the Board of Directors. Upon written request of the committee member and approval of the Chair, these costs will be reimbursed.
- Duties and Responsibilities of the Membership Committee
- The committee, assisted by the Association Management company’s membership manager, will conduct an annual review of the current membership with input from the Board.
- The committee will propose and implement approved membership promotions to increase recruitment and retention.
- The committee will propose and implement approved membership reclamation initiatives including a survey.
- The committee will engage in activities that welcome new and renewing members and encourage community and connection.
- The committee will work closely with the Executive Director for guidance in implementation of initiatives.
- The committee shall take minutes during meetings, keep records, and make reposts and/or recommendations to the Boards of Directors.
- The committee will work with the Association Management company’s membership manager to review membership numbers quarterly and provide a report to the Board on recruitment and retention.
- The committee will work with the TEI Membership Manager to update communications with members regarding retention and recruitment as needed.
- Duties of the Chair
- The Chair is responsible for following the charges of the committee.
- The Chair shall carry out the business of the committee in a judicious manner.
- The Chair shall attend annual conference (or notify President as soon as possible if unable to attend).
- The Chair shall submit an annual report to President in electronic form by September 30th.
- The Chair shall submit a projected budget to the Treasurer prior to December 15th if project expenditures are anticipated.
- Committee Procedure
- Notice of called meetings shall be made by the Chair and received by all committee members at least 15 days prior to that meeting. Notice shall include the date, place and charge to the committee.
- Recommendations of the committee shall be by consensus. If consensus is not reached, a minority report shall be submitted to the Board of Directors.
General Responsibilities of the Chair
- Maintain current membership in CRLA throughout term of office.
- Contact Board for any suggested changes to job description during term and update this job description at end of term.
Reimbursement for non-board members (updated May 2015)
The CRLA Executive Board establishes a travel funding policy for CRLA leaders who are not members of the Board but may be required to perform some of their responsibilities at the annual CRLA conference. Funding requests will be funded by the Board up to $1200 depending on the total award amount available each year. The Leader Travel Request Form should be submitted in writing to the President of CRLA by June 15 to be considered for that year’s conference. Proposals will be evaluated by the Board on the basis of benefit to the Association and the members of CRLA, the extent to which they demonstrate CRLA’s Mission and Guiding Principles, and on a “funds available” basis. Proposals should include an explanation of the reasons for the request, the purpose of travel, benefits to CRLA, and an itemized list of expenses. For additional information, please see the “Travel Funding Policy for Committee Chairs, Coordinators, and Other Leaders” and Leader Travel Request Form available on the CRLA website at Leadership/Leader Forms/ Committee Chairs and Coordinators.
Accepting this position allows CRLA to publish name, email, school address, and school phone number. (Adopted August 2015)